Yo-sup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Fast E

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2019 :  5:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever go on this site anymore?--Who wants to hear a mushing story?

www.fastestreeperkennel.com

Butch Parr

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2019 :  06:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are always checking in, still a great site for adds and info, and stories,33 years of running dogs and still going

B Parr
Go to Top of Page

sallydawson

USA
839 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  05:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always ready to read a good story! Check this site regularly, and value most of what is here.

Sally J. Dawson and the Mushing'dales
N1BCF; "RED HAT" Musher
Live each day as if it is your last
Go to Top of Page

bobclue

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2019 :  12:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit bobclue's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New forms of communication seem to be surfacing by the second. I've always enjoyed shared dialogue on SDC pages. I think sometimes for rehashing of some subjects I suspect many abstain from writing, myself included. BUT, too, one never knows when that tidbit of history or any kind of information might surface catching you to say "aha" to yourself. And for many of us, I think we forgot there is a genre of drivers who've never had the benefit of reading discourses on these pages. As many kennels have changed their sled dog preference direction, the fact remains it's all part of history, whether it be contemporary, recent past or distant past. And, let's face it, the roots for all this lies in history which we are all a part of. While the oddities of sled dogs continue to unfold, what seemed like a bit of stagnation, there are kennels out there, as traditional as it gets, who are racing Siberian Huskies at a higher level of competition than in the past. These small enclaves seem to be leaving a higher benchmark where ever they race. Taking steeds to the track is the only path for sled dog Siberians if they expect to be increasingly more competitive in years to come. Just my soap box and another, much to my chagrin, the biggest hit to speed racing is the demise of many open class race venues. No doubt due to race evolution, economics and logistics. I suspect the large majority of folks cannot or will or would not make the commitment in their lifestyle. Instead, the quick fix of ego gratification in much shorter less thought provoking strategy of running a shorter race is the menu. I'm as guilty as the next as I fall into one of the above scenarios. Assuredly a ramble, but, to direct this at Siberian racers, you only get better by racing against the best. Get to those venues. And, yes,racing IS NOT for everyone! A heavy role in the entire sport is the camaraderie and let's face it, racing is a social event to. So, pick your poison and keep smilin'.

Bob Chlupach
Go to Top of Page

nadianichols

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  08:45:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeez, yes, mushing stories! Just to keep a thread going with mushing stories would give all of us crazy mushers something to look forward to reading and commenting on. We all have stories and there's a lesson to be learned in every single one.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SDC Talk! © Sled Dog Central Go To Top Of Page